Senior Structural Engineer - Power Lines
The Transmission & Distribution Technology team, part of DNV▪GL – Energy, search for a SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Summary of the assignment
Summary of the assignment
DNV▪GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, the company is specialized in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification (see also www.dnvgl.com).
The Transmission & Distribution Technology team (TDT)
The TDT team, part of DNV▪GL – Energy, has decided to search for a SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER - POWER LINES, who advices customers on the structural aspect of high-voltage lines, such as the design and engineering of masts, substations and foundations. The new Senior Structural Engineer will be involved in national and international projects where he/she also collaborates in and with other specialists and teams within DNV▪GL.
Summarized candidate profile
The new Senior Structural Engineer will be responsible for the detailed civil structural design of: foundation design of substations; structural steel design for substations and overhead lines; grading and drainage design of substations; design and drawings for storm water and other environmental permits; and preparation of specifications and drawings for substations and overhead lines.
key tasks can be summarized in following:
- Analysis and design steel structure and foundation for transmission line and substation including Dead end, lattices, Shielding Mast steel structure and foundation.
- Develop drawings, material lists and calculations required for the engineering and construction of new facilities, as well as major additions, rehabilitation, replacement, clearance and lightning improvements, and re-conducting of existing power lines.
- Establishes industry standards required for projects and establishes the project design criteria.
- Design deliverables for substations which includes grading and drainage plans and calculations, foundation designs and schedules, development of substation structural procurement packages, review of submittals from suppliers of engineered materials and equipment, structure loading analysis; and foundation design for transmission line structures.
- Advises and provides direction on proper application of industry standards as they relate to civil and structural aspects of projects.
- Contribute to the development of project estimates, Schedules and procedures, evaluate design options and criteria for technical merit, and conduct field visits to verify design conditions and parameters.
- Review drawings for manufacturers and use pertinent information in the production of design drawings, and perform as-built Revisions.
- Write (or contribute to) clear and high quality reports and commercial offers.
- Contribute to international standard and/or CIGRE workgroups.
Personal Characteristics and Qualifications:
- Minimum of five years experience as a senior civil engineer, structure engineer, structure design engineer or related.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative and ability to interact with personnel, contractors, clients, regulatory representatives, in a positive, collaborative and team-building manner.
- Curiosity, interest and engagement.
- Enjoyability to explaining complex technical concepts and projects to others.
- Act as a strong (Senior) Structural Engineer DNV▪GL to represent the culture and values positively and professionally in all ways, with internal and external stakeholders.
- Independent thinker, but simultaneously a person who can effectively work between the Dutch operation and the other offices within the DNV▪GL Group.
- He/she Bachelor or Master degree (or foreign equivalent) of science in civil engineering, structural engineering or related. Verbal and written communication skills in English and/or Dutch language is a must.
The position will give the new (Senior) Structural Engineer - Power Lines the opportunity to contribute in a challenging position in a leader in the engineering of high-voltage lines and global player within the energy market and industry. The role is located in Arnhem, the Netherlands.
DNV-GL is assisted in this procedure by Horton International Executive Search. If you are interested in receiving more information about the challenges of this position, the learning opportunities or the company culture, please contact Mr. A.J.L. van der Weegen via telephone number 020-6405757 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See also www.hortoninternational.com.